Source: DHL / www.dhl.com / December 5th, 2019
The Service and Rate Guide provides details of shipping costs for imports and exports, as well as specific information about optional services and surcharges.
DHL Express Service and Rate Guide
At DHL Express U.S., international isn’t just a part of our business – it is our business. To ensure that we continue to guarantee you the industry’s highest-quality international service performance, a competitive rate increase for U.S. account holders will take effect on January 1, 2020. Shipping rates for DHL Express international services will increase by an average of 5.9%.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is DHL changing my standard shipping rates?
To ensure we continue to guarantee you the industry’s highest-quality international service performance, DHL Express adjusts its prices annually – taking into account inflation, currency dynamics and other rising costs, such as expenses related to compliance with enhanced security regulations. This helps us to continue providing best-in-class air express services to and from the more than 220 countries and territories that we serve.
Exactly how will the standard rates be affected?
Shipping rates for all DHL Express U.S. international services will increase by an average of 5.9%.
Are all DHL services affected by the rate change?
Yes. The changes in rates will apply to all DHL Express U.S. international services.
When will the rate change take effect?
The new standard rates will be effective as of Wednesday, January 1, 2020.
Where can I find the 2020 standard shipping rates or obtain a rate quote?
As of January 1, 2020, you can use our online Rate Quote and Transit Time Tool to calculate the shipping rate and service charges.
Download the DHL Express Service and Rate Guide 2020
Download the DHL Express Service and Rate Guide 2019
Will optional services and surcharges change? Where can I find details?
Yes, there are changes to some Optional Services and Surcharges, effective as of January 1, 2020.
- Address Correction will increase from $16.00 per shipment to $17.00 per shipment
- Advance Payment minimum charge will increase from $12.00 per shipment to $15.00 per shipment
- Bonded Transit will increase from $80.00 per entry to $85.00 per entry
- Change of Billing will increase from $16.00 per shipment to $17.00 per shipment
- Continuous Bond minimum will increase from $500.00 per 12 month to $525.00 per 12 month
- Dangerous Goods will increase from $103.25 per shipment to $110.00 per shipment
- Data Entry will increase from $3.00 per waybill to $5.00 per waybill
- Direct Signature will increase from $5.00 per shipment to $5.25 per shipment
- Disbursements minimum charge will increase from $12.00 per shipment to $15.00 per shipment
- Dry Ice will increase from $5.55 per shipment to $5.85 per shipment
- Lithium Ion (PI-965, Section II) will increase from $103.25 per shipment to $110.00 per shipment
- Monthly Pickup Service will increase from $44.00 per month to $60.00 per month
- MultiLine Entry will increase from $3.00 per line after 5 lines to $5.00 per line after 5 lines
- Permits & Licenses charge will increase from $23.00 per shipment to $25.00 per shipment
- Remote Area Delivery will increase from $0.38 per lbs. with a $38.00 minimum to $0.40 per lbs. with a $40.00 minimum
- Remote Area Pickup will increase from $0.38 per half kg. with a $38.00 minimum to $0.40 per half kg. with a $40.00 minimum
- Residential Address will increase from $4.40 per shipment to $4.65 per shipment
- Saturday Pickup Service will change from a $0.50 per kg. with a minimum charge of $50.00 per shipment charge methodology to a flat service charge of $46.00 per shipment
- Saturday Delivery Service will change from a $0.50 per kg. with a minimum charge of $50.00 per shipment charge methodology to a flat service charge of $46.00 per shipment
- Shipment Value Protection coverage per $100.00 for export and import shipments will increase from $1.00 to $1.05 per shipment with a $3.15 per shipment minimum
- The Shipment Value Protection minimum for export shipments will increase from $3.00 per shipment to $3.15 per shipment
- The Shipment Value Protection minimum for import shipments will decrease from $4.00 per shipment to $3.15 per shipment
Charge name and definition changes:
Oversize Piece will split into two separate charge names, Oversize Piece and Overweight Piece, and charge according to descriptions listed below.
- Oversize Piece (Dimension) will now be known as Oversize Piece
- A fixed surcharge is applied to every piece, including a pallet, with a single dimension in excess of 48 inches for shipments originating in the U.S. and U.S. Territories (120 cm. for shipments originating outside of the U.S. and U.S. Territories)
- Oversize Piece (Weight) will now be known as Overweight Piece
- A fixed surcharge is applied to every piece, including a pallet, that exceeds a scale or volumetric weight of 150 lbs. for shipments originating in the U.S. and U.S. Territories (70 kg. for shipments originating outside of the U.S. and U.S. Territories)
New optional services and surcharges:
- Importer of Record is a new service which allows the shipper to send a dutiable shipment to the receiver, with the duties and taxes invoiced to a third party at destination acting as the nominated Importer of Record (IOR). The customs invoice must indicate the importer’s billing details in addition to the receiver’s shipping address. A charge of $15.00 per shipment will apply.
- Clearance Data Modification is a new surcharge that applies in case the customs declared value of a shipment requires modification either before, during or after the customs clearance process. A charge of $56.00 per shipment will apply.
You can review the full list of Optional Services and Surcharges offered in the DHL Express Service and Rate Guide 2020.
Will DHL shipping systems be updated to reflect the rate change?
Yes, the process for updating the DHL Express shipping systems begins on January 1, 2020.
Downloadable Reference Materials
Ship Watchers is a logistics auditing company that keeps carriers compliant on rates, surcharges, incentives, and incorrect charges found within carrier invoices.
Want to stay on top of carrier increases, rate changes, and benchmark studies while insuring that your invoices are free from errors and incorrect charges? Give us a shout to learn more at email@example.com or by calling us at 800.550.7217 ext 874.
No term agreements, no additional effort, and no additional fees... Just a small percentage of the savings we bring to your carrier accounts directly through our auditing process.
www.shipwatchers.com - 24/7 Support including Chat
Small Parcel Negotiation and Audit Consultants