Photo Credit: www.glassdoor.com
2018 Rate and Surcharge Changes for FedEx® Shipping Services
As you plan your 2018 shipping program, we want to inform you that FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, FedEx Home Delivery®, FedEx SmartPost® and FedEx Freight will increase shipping rates effective January 1, 2018. Additionally, there will be changes to shipping fees and surcharges that may apply to your shipment and affect your total shipping rate. Changes are also scheduled for FedEx® Retail Rates and FedEx One Rate ® pricing.
Which rates are changing in January 1, 2018?
- FedEx Express package and freight standard list rates will increase an average of 4.9% for U.S., U.S. export and U.S. import services.
- FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery standard list rates will increase an average of 4.9%.
- FedEx International Premium® rates will change.
- Minimum rates for FedEx Express® services will change.
- FedEx Ground Multiweight® rates will change.
- FedEx SmartPost rates will change.
- FedEx One Rate pricing will increase by an average of 3.5%.
- Preview 2018 FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery rates.
- Preview 2018 FedEx Ground Multiweight rates.
- FedEx Freight rates will increase by 4.9% on average, applicable to the FXF PZONE, FXF EZONE, FXF 1000, FXF 501, freight box and other related series base rates.
What you should do to receive the January 1, 2018 rate changes:
Customers on FedEx Ship Manager® Server, FedEx Web Services or FedEx Ship Manager® will automatically receive the rate changes effective January 1, 2018. Go to fedex.com/rates 2018 for additional details of the January 1, 2018 rate changes.
Other pricing updates effective January 22, 2018:
- Additional Handling, Oversize and Ground Unauthorized Surcharges
- Third Party Billing Surcharge
- FedEx Freight Over Length Surcharge*
What you should do to receive the January 22, 2018 surcharge changes:
FedEx Ship Manager® Server: Customers must upgrade to FedEx Ship Manager Server versions 15.0.8, 16.0.5 or 17.0.2 to receive the 2018 updates on January 22, 2018. The appropriate software version will be downloaded to your device. Please accept the software upgrade to ensure your rate quotes remain accurate.
FedEx Web Services: Customers will automatically receive the 2018 rate updates on January 22, 2018.
FedEx Ship Manager®: Customers must upgrade to FedEx Ship Manager version 3110 or higher to receive the 2018 rate changes on January 22, 2018. Version 3110 will be downloaded to your device on or around January 22, 2018. Please accept the software upgrade to ensure your rate quotes remain accurate.
Go to fedex.com/surcharges 2018 for details of the January 22, 2018 surcharge changes.
Ship Watchers works with our clients to show exactly how these changes will effect shipping and cost increases for 2018 while discussing ways to mitigate these increases. Reach out to one of our knowledgeable consultants today to learn more about our Small Parcel Contract Negotiation and Small Parcel Audit Solution that is provided without any out of pocket expenses.
www.shipwatchers.com - 24/7 Support including Chat
Small Parcel Negotiation and Audit Consultants